Forty years of professional baseball experience since 1974. Played infield and outfield with the St. Louis Cardinals (1974-‐77) and Chicago Cubs (1977-‐78) organizations. Is an Attorney at Law who practiced as a medical litigator in a large Chicago firm prior to representing baseball players. Earned All-‐America honors and served as team captain at University of the Pacific. Inducted into the UOP Athletics Hall of Fame in 2005. Named 2002 Alumnus of the Year of the McGeorge School of Law.
J.D. McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
PHM Industrial Pharmacology, University of the Pacific
- Rated the World’s Most Powerful Sports Agent by Forbes in 2015.
- Top-‐ranked agent, and 3rd Most Powerful Person, in Baseball by Sports Illustrated in 2013.
Boras Corporation – Serving Baseball Players Only
Scott became an attorney dedicated to baseball because he saw a need for qualified representation and fair treatment of players in the industry. The Boras Corporation consists of four companies with over 500 years of professional baseball experience dedicated solely to the service of baseball players. The Boras Corporation, Boras Marketing, Boras Sports Training and Personal Management Consultants simplify the complex issues, as well as on and off field decisions, confronting baseball players and their families.
Negotiation Highlights and Award Winning Clients
- Over the course of his career, has secured over $5.5 billion in player contracts.
- Negotiated the largest Free Agent contract for a pitcher (Scherzer) & hitter (A. Rodriguez) in MLB history.
- Recorded the most salary arbitration (baseball litigation) victories (20) in Major League history.
- Advised 107 players selected in the 1st Round of the amateur draft since 1983, including 11 players selected 1st overall. Negotiated an unparalleled $395+ million in draft compensation.
- 13 MVP Awards – Bryce Harper, Ivan Rodriguez, Alex Rodriguez (3), Barry Bonds (7), Keith Hernandez
- 8 Cy Young Awards – Jake Arrieta, Max Scherzer, Greg Maddux (4), Barry Zito and Eric Gagne
- 79 Gold Gloves – Including Eric Hosmer (3), Adrian Beltre (4), Carlos Gonzalez (3) and Matt Wieters (2)
- 66 Silver Sluggers – Including Bryce Harper, Chris Davis Xander Bogaerts and Anthony Rendon
- 8 Rookies of the Year – Including Kris Bryant, Jose Fernandez, Bryce Harper and Jeremy Hellickson
- 2015 Major League All-‐Stars – Max Scherzer, Bryce Harper, Kris Bryant, Gerrit Cole, Nolan Arenado, Matt Holliday, Jose Iglesias, Prince Fielder, Zach Britton, Trevor Rosenthal, Francisco Rodriguez, Brad Boxberger and Mike Moustakas
The Boras Foundation believes in helping youth and high school baseball players become the best by exposing them to an elite level of coaching, clinics and competition. The foundation’s mission is to create an environment where players are uninhibited by financial constraints that often create a roadblock to the growth and progress of today’s young athlete. Thus, creating a platform that allows them to achieve their goal of taking their passion for baseball to the next level. Scott has also been a guest lecturer at university law and business schools, as well as private entities.